Walker’s environmental policy is regularly updated as we strive to deliver on our organization’s commitment to improve its environmental performance. Walker’s environmental policy is an integral part of our business policies that apply to all parts of the organization and is strategic in that the policy is also directed towards our activities and services. The three foundations of our environmental policy include but are not limited to a) continual improvement in environmental performance, b) prevention of pollution and c) compliance with legal and other requirements.
Walker is a committed environmental steward. We are committed to providing first class supply chain solutions that can be used safely by our customers. In demonstration of these commitments and responsibilities, we will:
- Continuously strive to be the premier provider of healthy built environments for our employees;
- Continuously strive to prevent waste and pollution and adopt practices that minimize the harmful effects of our operations on the natural environment;
- Maintain transparency by consulting with, listening to, and being responsive to our customers, employees, neighbors, public interest groups, and those who work with us;
- Work with others, including our partners and contractors, to help improve environmental, health, and safety management within the logistics and transportation industry;
- Promote awareness of applicable environmental, health, and safety requirements on the part of all persons carrying out our operations by providing training to our employees, and requiring contractors to demonstrate that their employees have been sufficiently trained;
- Comply with all applicable environmental, health, and safety requirements;
- Include measurable targets in our business plans; and
- Periodically recognize those in the organization who make significant contributions to improved environmental, health, and safety performance.
Walker SCM aligns its efforts with The United Nations Global Compact ten principles surrounding areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (“UN SDGs”) which are vital to transformational change.
ENVIRONMENTAL & SUSTAINABIILTY COMMITMENT
Walker SCM is in alignment with the goals of the Paris Agreement. Therefore, Walker SCM will work to limit global warming to well-below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and pursue efforts to limit warming to 1.5°C. By such, meet a net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.