Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer
Responsible for assisting in developing and directing implementation methods and procedures for warehouse management processes, utilizing engineering techniques and management principles to support service and cost management. Plan the utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations. Establish best practices and develop standards for labor utilization. Role model and demonstrate the Company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
- Enfield, NC
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine processes, staff requirements and production standards.
- Coordinate industrial engineering projects.
- Develop facility layouts to better utilize the facility and improve operations.
- Recommend new or make changes to existing storage media to help improve operations.
- Direct and participate in special projects as needed.
- Provide training, resources and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering and a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience.
- Well versed in the Work Measurement methodologies of MOST, MTM etc.
- Proficient in MS Office programs and experience with AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with 5S, Lean and Six Sigma concepts.
- Green belt certification; SQL knowledge; 3PL industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work weekends on an occasionally.
- Ability to travel 10%-15% on a regular basis.
- Group Health Insurance
- Paid time off
Walker SCM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.