Operations Manager – Toledo, OH – 3rd Shift
Responsible for ensuring that the proper commodities are shipped on time to support the customer’s production schedule. Uses knowledge of the operation, available resources and critical data to make judgments regarding the appropriate timing of the release of maximum shipment quantities without negatively impacting operations.
- Maintain current knowledge of departmental/organizational policies/procedures and applicable regulations to ensure compliance.
- Initiate and implement cost savings initiatives, as directed.
- Effectively allocates resources (manpower/equipment) with consideration of the immediate impact on financial performance.
- Adhere to and assure that all safety policies and procedures are followed; provides training to achieve desired results.
- Develop and coordinate special tasks for operational improvement as directed. Informs management of problems and/or opportunities.
- Monitor bank quantities of material at plant, making critical decisions so plant has sufficient material in a JIT environment.
- Monitor the production schedule to ensure that deadlines will be met.
- Responsible for appropriate decision-making to ensure proper commodities are shipped on time to support the customer’s production schedule based upon the production demand.
- Monitor the progress and troubleshoots unexpected developments with the production schedule.
- Direct and support cost saving initiatives for the department and organization.
- Train, motivate, monitor and oversee operational staff using excellent communication skills.
- Ensures policies and procedures are being followed by all to comply with service expectations.
- Performs daily and ongoing monitoring to ensure appropriate function and safety of equipment.
- Compile audits and process payroll to corporate headquarters.
- Order supplies as required to maintain even flow of production- reviews overtime allocations- maintains/monitors work ebb and flow to support customer’s JIT production requirements.
Commensurate with experience
- Group health insurance
- Paid time off
HOW TO APPLY
- Email us at: email@example.com