Operations Financial Analyst
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who enjoys using analytical skills to report and strategize how to maximize profits and impact business leader’s decision-making. This position will collaborate with business leaders daily and will enable our Operations team to drive actionable change to improve financial performance.
- Valley Stream, NY
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Proficient in MS Office – Excel, Powerpoint, Access (a plus)
- Knowledge of BI Tools and with deploying BI solutions preferred
- Logistics experience a plus
- Understanding of financial statements, accounting principles and internal controls strongly preferred
- Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, project management, ability to multi-task and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and research skills to derive insights from multiple sources
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently
- Motivated self-starter, able to work both independently and collaboratively with others to meet deadlines
- Strong desire to continue to learn, improve, and automate existing processes and resolve problems
- Ability to distill large amounts of complex information into a concise message
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets, perform reforecasting, create budgets for continuous improvement and new business launch projects and review cost models for completeness and accuracy.
- Financial Analysis & Fiscal Management:
- Review and investigate sites P&L performance and perform budget-to-actual analytics to aid operations management in identifying the root causes of variances affecting financial performance.
- Track expenditures, for continuous improvement and new business launch projects, and report budget-to-actual performance.
- Monitor sites to ensure ROI tracking continues after project completion and periodically report level of return on investment to operations management.
- Capital and Fuel for Growth:
- Maintain a forward-looking capital-requirements plan that provides senior management a forecast of capital required for new business launches, investments in continuous improvement and infrastructure maintenance projects while assisting in the submission and tracking of capex requests to finance.
- Operations Fiscal Management Support:
- Build analytical models that utilize both financial and non-financial data to forecast operating results and aggregate data from sites to track key performance indicators for reporting to management.
- Process Improvement:
- Develop financial models and templates that streamline analysis and reporting and coordinate with IT department for automation of reporting.
- Group Health Insurance
- Paid time off