Ocean Freight Pricing Specialist
We are looking for an Ocean Freight Pricing Specialist to work with all domestic, local drayage/intermodal and cross border companies to effectively secure best in Class pricing and service.
- Rancho Dominquez, CA
- Ensure all assigned customer’s, overseas partner’s and agents are responded to quickly for all Ocean & Air pricing /RFP/RFQ & Bids.
- Strong ability to work with all domestic, local drayage/intermodal and cross border companies to effectively secure Best in Class pricing and services.
- Promote all company products and services for imports and exports to increase bottom line.
- Answer customer’s/overseas partners questions about products, prices, services.
- Maintain strong working relationships with all clients / partners through efficient work process and services.
- Excellent communication skills for inside sales, account management and managing follow-up on all quotations.
- Develop and maintain general industry knowledge as well as competitors and market share.
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders and overseas partners/agents to ensure all quotes and proposals are responded to in a timely manner.
- Strong ability to work with Ocean & Air Carriers on rates, space, allocations, contract, and rate negotiations etc.
- Ability to read and understand service contracts and communicate effectively with those carriers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5+years in International Freight Forwarding and/or logistics experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with top global freight forwarder.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the domestic and international transportation industry (trucking, air and ocean modes)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with digital freight forwarder platforms and process.
- Strong ability to build trustworthy relationships with customers at all levels (C Level, Managers, Staff)
- Excellent presentation and selling skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow up with client.
- Microsoft proficient (PPT/Excel/Word)
- Proficient with Cargo Wise software
- Group Health Insurance
- Paid time off
Walker SCM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.