Ocean Export Coordinator
Set-up and prepare various files and documents associated with Ocean export transactions; request bookings and spot rate requests according to established company procedures.
- Valley Stream, NY
- Understand key compliance and operational aspects of client’s cargo shipments
- Set-up and prepare various files and documents associated with ocean export transactions
- Perform routing and rating analysis including bookings and spot rates requests according to established company procedures
- Research and analyze best route/rate combination according to customer requirements and established procedures
- Familiarity with cargo handling impact of various commodity types (e.g. magnetic, perishable, over-sized, etc.)
- Handle customer and agent service inquiries; Set-up and prepare customer and agent invoicing
- Maintain current knowledge local, state and federal requirements/regulations and applicable departmental/organizational policies
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records with adherence to applicable regulatory and legal requirements as well as related essential documents
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Handle customer and agent service inquiries.
- Set-up and prepare customer and agent invoicing.
- Attention to Detail, critical
- Must be proficient in coordinating priorities, following up and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS office Suite
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Experience with CargoWise system.
- Group Health Insurance
- Paid time off
Walker SCM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.