Quality Assurance Lab Manager– Plainfield, IN
The Quality Assurance Lab Manager role is responsible to oversee and manage the
Quality Management System and Testing Lab processes and activities for the
operations/site by partnering with business process owners to develop process
definitions for client solutions, establish controlled document protocols and audit
compliance to QMS practices. These activities will be designed and implemented
in the most effective and efficient way, in accordance with applicable ISO/TL
Standards. This role would also facilitate the activities related to functional,
radiofrequency and new product introduction.
- Manage and coordinate lab activities in accordance with all applicable TL
9000 Quality Management Systems so as to exceed customer
- Evaluate labor needs based on inbound deliveries and schedule or hire to
meet service level agreement.
- Create and maintain a strategic plan for adding new products and
- Establish and maintain production goals and metrics.
- Ensure that company policies and guidelines are defined, documented,
implemented, understood, maintained and controlled.
- Oversee audit activities to ensure compliance with known customer,
industry, self-imposed or regulatory requirements.
- Encourage an environment of positive motivation and employee
- Review and act on productivity data as it relates to efficiency and cost
- Work closely with customer and manufacturers on specifications and
testing procedures and identify areas for efficiency.
- Provide facilitation and leadership for corrective, preventive, and
continuous improvement activities.
- Verify all reporting is completed and processes are followed for tracking
- Initial and complete corrective and preventive action reports for out of
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 Years relevant work experience at a similar level.
- 3 Years of auditing experience related to ISO 9001 or similar standard(s).
- Experience working with Continual Improvement methodologies and tools.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
Commensurate with experience
- Group health insurance
- Paid time off