Operations Manager – Plainfield, IN
The Operations “VAR” (Value Added Reseller) Manager oversees the day to day activities required to efficiently carry out the processes needed to satisfy customer requirements. This includes but is not limited to receiving, shipping, inspection, inventory, and discrepancy resolution. In addition to being the main point of contact for partner and customer communication, the Operations Manager will serve as the lead for all Safety efforts and reporting.
- Read and analyze various production schedules and reports to determine production requirements.
- Provide reports and metrics to Director of Operations, customer or designee.
- Lead all Safety efforts relating to education, prevention, and reporting.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Suggest modifications to established procedures to create best practices to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Confer with management, peers or subordinates to resolve employee issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of departmental/organizational policies/procedures and applicable regulations to ensure compliance.
- Initiate and implement cost savings initiatives, as directed.
- Effectively allocate resources (manpower/equipment) with consideration of the immediate impact on financial performance.
- Adhere to and assure that all safety policies and procedures are followed; provides training to achieve desired results.
- Develop and coordinate special tasks for operational improvement as directed. Informs management of problems and/or opportunities.
- 2-3 years of experience managing and/or developing others is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
Commensurate with experience
- Group health insurance
- Paid time off