Logistics Engineer – Toledo, OH
Responsible for development of a facility design including facility layout, and operation process for a multi-functional warehouse and distribution centers. Responsible for developing, and editing of technical proposals. The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of warehouse processes and procedures.
- Develop a facility design including facility layout, and operation process for a multi-functional warehouse and distribution centers
- Responsible for developing, and editing of technical proposals. Must have excellent writing skills and thorough knowledge of technical writing within the logistics/engineering industry.
- Contribute to both the technical facility and process design, as well as have the ability to estimate the cost of such design
- Thorough knowledge of Warehouse processes and procedures
- Develop and improve quality processes
- Write processes, procedures and work plans
- Conduct time studies and use results to design and improve processes and work flows. Experience managing Time Studies, Production Control, Productivity and Efficiency improvements
- Must be able to independently take the initiative to translate, plan and complete project while meeting deadlines
- Develop, analyze and manage all costs related to project, including, project duration, materials, special machinery requirements as well as detailed manpower analysis and measuring productivity
- Work independently, as well as work well in a team environment depending on project
- Have experience in sourcing various types of material handling and storage equipment.
- Strong prioritizing and problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment are essential
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal a must
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS Degree in Logistics or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in Technical writing
- Preferred candidate will have experience in managing logistics/supply chain or warehousing Programs with a strong systems focus.
- Analytical Experience (budget responsibility, Cost or financial analysis)
- Possess expert level proficiency of MSOffice; AutoCAD or VISIO
Commensurate with experience
- Group health insurance
- Paid time off