Export Cargo Coordinator – Valley Stream, NY
Set-up and prepare various files and documents associated with export transactions; perform routing and rating analysis including bookings and spot rate requests according to established company procedures; Coordinates other functions, including clerical work, based on departmental needs.
- 3-5 years experience related experience
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Handles customer and agent service inquiries.
- Set-ups and prepares customer and agent invoicing.
- Attention to Detail, critical
- Must be proficient in coordinating priorities, following up and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS office Suite, plus familiarity with Cargowise system preferred
- Recognize key compliance and operational aspects of client’s cargo shipments
- Set-up and prepare various files and documents associated with export transactions (air and ocean)
- Perform routing and rating analysis including bookings and spot rates requests according to established company procedures
- Set-up and prepare documents necessary for timely dispatch of export cargo
- Research and analyze best route/rate combination according to customer requirements and established procedures
- Be Familiar with cargo handling impact of various commodity types (e.g. magnetic, perishable, over-sized, etc.)
- Schedule, book and follow up with pick up truckers as per company policy
- Handle customer and agent service inquiries; Set-up and prepare customer and agent invoicing
- Maintain current knowledge local, state and federal requirements/regulations and applicable departmental/organizational policies
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records with adherence to applicable regulatory and legal requirements as well as related essential documents
Commensurate with experience
- Group health insurance
- Paid time off
HOW TO APPLY: email@example.com